The purpose of the Omaha National Cemetery Support Committee is twofold:
(1) To support the attainment of national shrine status for the Omaha National Cemetery through beautification endeavors on cemetery grounds. National Shrine status is awarded to a national cemetery that achieves the highest level of performance in 21 categories of operation, maintenance and service to veterans and their families.
(2) To improve awareness of the mission of the Veterans Administration National Cemeteries by assisting in planning and conducting major ceremonies or special events at the cemetery, honoring those who served or are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, or those interred in the cemetery.
The Omaha National Cemetery Support Committee (ONCSC) is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 organization and absolutely non-political. The ONCSC is organized into an Executive Board consisting of five elected volunteers and two appointed chairs.
What Does the ONCSC do?
- Plan ceremonial events that are not congressionally appropriated
- Recruit and organize volunteers for administration and visitor support
- Coordinate volunteer and fundraising activities for cemetery events
- Collect supplies and materials from donors so our guest have a favorable impression of these solemn grounds
We cannot do these things on our own, so we reach out to others in our local communities and ask their assistance through material donations and/or manpower. Through this effort, we establish strong bonds and open the door for future cooperative endeavors.
It is the Support Committee’s desire to organize and support annual events for veterans and the public to attend. Examples include Memorial Day, Flag Day, POW/MIA day. Veterans Day and Wreaths Across America. We hope to garner enough support through our strong community relationships to expand this list. Please join us and let us know if your organization would like to support or sponsor one of these events.
The Omaha National Cemetery Support Committee has a large number of volunteer opportunities. Please contact the volunteer chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about volunteer opportunities. All other inquiries, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
If you choose to give a monetary donation it is tax deductible as ONCSC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Copyright © Omaha National Cemetery Support Committee.
All rights reserved.